We have surgeries in Aultbea & Gairloch. Follow the Contact Details link above to find location maps, addresses and contact numbers.

We have GPs, Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Practice Nurses who operate across both sites.

We operate an appointment system, which you can access by telephone or by visiting the surgeries.

Before being seen you will have to register as a ‘Temporary Resident’ by filling out a short form. In this case we will not have any access to your medical record so you should continue to use your home GP for routine medical care. If your stay is for more than 3 months then we will ask you to register permanently which means we will be sent your full medical record from your previous GP practice.

If you are visiting from overseas, there is no charge to pay if your medical need is viewed by the clinician to be immediately necessary. This usually means the condition has unexpectedly arisen while staying in the UK and was not a pre-existing complaint.

Outside normal opening hours there is a clinician on call, either a Practice GP, locum GP or sometimes an advanced nurse practitioner.

To access the out of hours service between 1800 and 0800 weekdays and over the weekend dial 111 to speak to NHS 24, a Scottish telephone triage service offering help, advice and support.  They may pass you on to other services, including the local on call clinician, the ambulance service or they may advise you to attend the nearest Accident & Emergency Department, which is at Raigmore Hospital in Inverness.

In an emergency, whether in hours or out of hours, you should dial 999 and ask for the ambulance service. 

If, while visiting the area, you run out of your normal medication or have forgotten to bring it with you – don’t despair!  This happens all the time.  There are a number of ways to resolve this:

Registered with another Scottish GP?  You can get an emergency supply of most repeat medication by visiting any Scottish pharmacy.  You do not need to see a GP to do this.

Registered with a non-Scottish UK general practice?  If you have a prescription with you, take it to any pharmacy for dispensing.  If you need a prescription, then we will need to know the exact name, strength and dosage of the medication you are taking: either  bring us a copy of your home GP prescription re-order form or contact your practice and ask them to send us a copy.  They can email this to us.

From outside of the UK? We will need to know the exact name, strength and dosage of the medication that you are taking.  Please give us as much information as you can to help us help you.

For more details about our services telephone your local surgery:

Aultbea Surgery +44 (0)1445 731221

Gairloch Health Centre +44 (0)1445 712229

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website